Lightmoves Pty Ltd is a privately owned company that for 31 years has been an industry leader and innovator in the field of Lighting Control and Dimming, Theatrical Lighting Systems and LED specialty lighting.
Previous projects delivered by the Lightmoves Team include Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, Presbyterian Ladies Collage Performing Arts Centre, Bunjil Theatre and Function Room, Catholic Regional College Performing Arts Centre, AAMI Park Stadium, Melbourne GPO, Crown Casino, National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne Town Hall, Aurora Tower and MCG Sports Lighting just to name a few.
We currently require an Audio Visual (AV) and Lighting Installation Technician to support new and existing clients and installations throughout Melbourne. Installations are predominately Theatrical and/or Architectural feature lighting installations.
You will work as part of our technical services team who are responsible for installation, manufacturing, programming and commissioning of various types of systems.
This role requires strong communication skills, an outgoing attitude and excellent problem solving and fault finding skills.
This position reports to the Project Delivery Manager and is predominately based in the greater Melbourne Metro area with some regional installations as well. Working hours are generally 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday with some flexibility outside of this and by agreement to support specific project or client requirements.
A successful applicant should have:
- Experience in AV installation in theatrical and commercial installations, including but not limited to:
- Cable installation, Containment and Labelling
- Equipment / Bracket, mounts Set Out and Installation
- Equipment Installation
- Rack installation
- Rack, field and interconnect cable termination
- Data/Signal Testing
- Documentation & Mark Up
- Experience/knowledge of Theatrical Lighting installations:
- Architectural and Theatrical fittings knowledge
- Lighting protocols such as Art-Net, KiNET, sACN, DMX512-A, RDM, Dali, Dynet
- Light fixture rigging, alignment and focusing
- Fixture addressing
- Theatrical desk programming
- Knowledge of signal flow, equipment functionality and limitations, wiring terminations, interconnects.
- Ability to lead and contribute to AV & Control System installations, involved in projects from its initial stages through to final installation/completion, including co-ordination with other site trades and builders, and providing client instruction, training and technical support
- Self-driven, motivated and able to self-manage with dedication to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Good computer skills, including understanding of IT networking and IP Configurations
- Experience in theatrical rigging would be beneficial
- Comfortable with working at heights
- Current driver’s license, industry white card, WWC and ACA open cable registration required
- EWP License & Scissor accreditation preferred but not essential
- Chance to be part of a dynamic and growing part of the business
- Generous salary package including a fully maintained company vehicle
- Company supplied communication and IT technologies
- Supportive and equal opportunity work place